Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bet you can' just have one.....But you'll only get a few

There are some great marketing minds in the world today, but I can’t think of one Marketing firm better than the people at Frito-Lays. They are partly responsible for the obesity outbreak in the country today, and they are making money hand over fist while the people of America get fat. They designed big, colorful bags with seemingly healthy looking “baked” potato chips. They created new flavors like southwest ranch, parmesan and Tuscan herb, along with the old favorites of sour cream and cheddar, and barbeque.

But that’s not why they are the greatest minds in marketing, no, they are so ridiculously smart because they get us to pay almost $4 for an oversized bag of “baked” chips and when we open the bag, it’s only 1/3rd full. I haven’t seen this type of false advertisement since I reached into my first girlfriend’s shirt to feel those “c-cups” and came away with nothing but tissue and padding. It really is the only product in the world where we pay for more thin air then we do product. The owners at these chip companies have brilliantly thought of a way to have a huge advertising space anywhere a bag of chips lay, and make the consumer pay for the space. Think about the profit the company could rake in if they cut the cost of the bags…. those bags are so big I once saw a small homeless person cut open the bag and use it as a blanket! Ok, so I’m exaggerating a little bit, but nothing pisses me off more than when I open a new bag of chips and I have to reach all the way to the bottom of the bag to grab a few chips.

Think about this, you don’t see Coca-Cola only filling half of a coke bottle, no… you get a full coke and Coca-Cola pays for their advertising space themselves! So I say we all boycott the Frito-Lay company, and you can start by sending all of your un-opened chips to my house…. So I can do some more testing and research….. They’re just so good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment